The Association of Professional Piercers offers industry specific Bloodborne Pathogens training for body piercers.
We’ve created a thorough and unique program that meets the requirements of 29CFR1910.1030 in a manner that will be understood and appreciated by professional piercers of all skill levels. The collective experience of it’s designers brings insight that makes it the best option for required industry specific training.
The Association of Professional Piercers offers a clear advantage over other training providers:
- Our program was created for piercers by piercers currently working in the industry.
Every member of the Bloodborne Pathogen training staff is currently employed as a piercer in a modern studio environment.
- Our program is industry specific.
Most training programs for body art focus mostly on tattooing and offer very little to body piercers. The body piercing industry is dynamic with new products and technologies being introduced regularly.
- The APP leads the industry and is more than qualified to provide piercers with the training they need to work safely for the benefit of both the public and themselves.
- Chapter by chapter our presentation is derived from the actual Bloodborne Pathogen standard itself.
Other similar training programs for the body art industry don’t stay on topic and often don’t even reference the standard at all. Within the body piercing industry there is a lot of confusion about the roles of OSHA and the Health Department. Once a piercer has completed this course, their vocabulary will be greatly expanded and the purpose of OSHA and the Bloodborne Pathogen Standard will be made clear.
- A piercer with a Bloodborne Pathogen Standard certificate from the Association of Professional Piercers will be able to recognize workplace hazards, apply the guidelines of the Bloodborne Pathogen Standard, and develop routines and protocol to eliminate or minimize risks in the piercing environment.
- Our program complies with section 1910.1030(g)(2)(vii) which requires an explanation of the epidemiology and symptoms of bloodborne disease and explanation of the modes of transmission of bloodborne pathogens.
- Students using our online version will have access to one of our trainers who can answer questions as required by 1910.1030(g)(2)(vii)(N).
- The standard has been divided into sections with quizzes and reviews to test the students retention and comprehension of the information. There are minimum scores required for a certificate to be rewarded.
We hope you’ll find our Bloodborne Pathogen training program for body piercers to be suitable for your needs. Our staff of experts has developed a program unlike any other and we’re confident its the best training of its type.
For Non-BBP Course related questions, contact the APP Office at email@example.com
For BBP Course related questions, you can contact JohnJ@SafePiercing.org
Online BBP Courses
Welcome to the Association of Professional Piercers online education center.
Be aware we currently have multiple versions of Bloodborne Pathogens training for body piercing. Please select the appropriate course for your location. If you work in New York City, Washington DC, Virginia, Florida, or Puerto Rico you should not take the APP’s Bloodborne Pathogens training course at this time. ***For California residents, our course is currently only approved in certain areas. ***
We are approved to offer this course to everyone else in the U.S.
***Workers in New York City, Puerto Rico, California, or Florida should not take this course.
You are about to purchase online training of Bloodborne Pathogens for body piercers for general U.S. residents.
***This course is for Pasadena, Long Beach, and these California counties; Lake, Humboldt, Santa Clara, Tehama, Yuba, Mendocino, Butte, San Mateo, Yolo, Monterey, Riverside, San Bernardino, Orange, Ventura, Sacramento, and San Francisco.
* NOT YET AVAILABLE. DO NOT PURCHASE. You are about to purchase online training of Bloodborne Pathogens for body piercers (Florida Edition.) Upon completion you’ll receive a PDF certificate for your records. This certificate will be valid for one year.
***This course is for Los Angeles County only. This is the only area in California that has approved of this annual training program. There is a separate course for other areas of California.
This course is for the county of San Diego only. This is the only area of California that has currently approved of this edition of our annual training program.